ELABORATION AND CHARACTERISTIC OF 3 CLAVELES KNIVES
3 claveles knives are of very high quality, all range is made in stainless steel of high content in carbon and molybdenum vanadium, that guarantee a perfect cut of great duration. The handles of 3 claveles knives are designed of ergonomic form to adapt the hand comfortably and thus make easiest and safe the work. Bueno Hermanos make great variety of cutlery, made with the best steel, the most modern technology, with finished very worked, and much resistance to the cut. 3 claveles knives are made in stainless steel. This steel is formed by: Carbon 0.48%, Molybdenum 0.63%, Vanadium 0.12%, Chromium 14.4%, Silicon 0.37% y Magnesium 0.58%. Her hardness is HRc 56 Rockwell, and the heat treatment is made to 1065º C. Each one of these components of the stainless steel gives a contribution to 3 claveles knives. The Carbon guarantees to the knife high productivity of sharpened and cut. The Molybdenum gives resistance to the wearing down and releases durability. The Vanadium gives resistance to the corrrosion and the oxidation. The Chromium guarantees high productivity to the tools for manufacture. The silicon contributes to the knife great tenacity. And finally the Manganese, that allows high productivity him during the mechanized one.
Manufacture process of a 3 claveles forged knife
Hardening is the key operation in the process of manufacturing a cutting tool. All the efforts in machining, polishing, adjustment, etc. will have been in vain if the part does not receive good heat treatment. A good tempering plant, backed up but a lot of experience means that, trought the hardening heat treatments and annealing, a tool achieves the transformation of the steel´s molecular structure augmenting its hardness (measured in Rockwell HRc) and improving the mechanical properties of the steel, increasing its resistance to wear and giving grater durability in general.
Heat treatment of 3 claveles knives
Hardening is achieved by first immersing the parts in a hot bath of molten salts (1000º C/ 1832º F - 1250º C/ 2282º F) depending on wheather the steel is Carbon or Stainless, and quenching in isothermal salts or oil. They are then placed in an annealing furnace where they are kept for several hours at a temperature of 200º C/ 336º F before the temperature is gradually reduced so as to eliminate the molecular tensions as a result of the tempering, so that finally the residual austenite is transformed into martensite, obtaining a very even internal structure of the material, which guarantees the same mechanical properties along the whole of the tool´s cutting edge.
3 claveles knife made withstainless steel
3 claveles knives before being designed and elaborated are put in investigations and tests, with the purpose of offering the best possible product. The investigations could be emphasized about the ergonomics of the position and the movement, to do 3 claveles knives the most comfortable and versatile possible. The first that is make, is search for the most common and usually operations that the persons make when using the knives. For example: the action to retire the meat bone of an animal (to pit), separate and clear weaves and muscles (cleaning), cut fillets of sausure (hard cut), cut fillets of soft meat (semi-soft cut) Therefore, thinking about all these processer and maximun comfort and development of 3 claveles knives have been made one or others knives.
3 claveles knives have an ergonomic design of maximum control. Some of the knives are made in different colors to differentiate uses, wich guarantees hygiene and cleaning. The handles are whasher and resistant to changes of temperature. In addition they have sterilization possibility. The handles are made adapted to the human forms, avoiding overloads in the joints, increasing the productivity, and improving the yield. In 3 claveles knives we can see different types of handles, we can find:
Differents types of 3 claveles handles knives
* Platina: forged knife, with ergonomic design,seamless stainless steel handle, with higienic surface, perfect balance and longlife resistance.
* Absolute: with ergonomic design, seamlessstainless steel handle, with higienic surface, perfect balance and long liferesistance.
* Forged:ergonomic design, hostaform handle, with tripled remated, higienic surface and longlife resistance.
* Uniblock: with ergonomic design, high qualityplastic, tripled remated, resist sudden temperature changes & impact, highchemical resistance, higienic surface, high permance, and long life resistance.
* Proflex: ergonomic design, with slightly rough surface, non-slip handle, and safer use, no wet absortion, light & resistance, resist sudden temperature changes, high quality plastic, higienic surface, high performance, and long life resistance.
* POM Polioximetileno: ergonomic design, made with high quality plastic, resist sudden temperature changes & impacts, high chemical resistance, higienic surface, high performance, and long life resistence.
* Polypropylene: ergonomic design, no wetabsortion, light & resistance, resist sudden temperature changes, highquality plastic, higienic surface, high performance, and long life resistance.
* Palisandro: with ergonomic design, highquality wood, and long life resistance.
In 3 claveles knives we can observe differentparts:
Parts of 3 claveles knives
6. Ferrule (integral part of the blade that provides weight and perfect balance)
2. Blade 7. Handle 3. Edge 8. Remated (they unite the handle to the nerve of permanent form) 4. Singing or back 9. Nerve (extension of the blade throughout all the handle) 5. Keep hands (it provides security and comfort) 10. Heel or base (it provides more control and security when holding the knife)
In 3 claveles knives the central part of the blade is adaptated for the cut of soft and semihard food. Its the part where its made most of the cuts, since the smooth curve facilitates the cut. The end is appropriate to make precise cuts. Very useful for the cut of small vegetables. The end of the blade is apropiated for cut harder foods. The back can use for divided small bones or shells of seafood.
The quality of 3 claveles knives is guaranteed, the materials used aren´t toxic, in addition they are totally apt to be in contact with the foods, the stainless steel is totally sterilizeable, and all their components are accredited.
In 3 claveles knives we can find differents types from blades:
Different types of 3 claveles blades knives
1- Blade with waved edge, thatallow to cut foods with a rigid outside and a soft interior.
2- Blade with straight edge, that allows a clean cut. It can be used for the soft or semihard food cut, andalso to make delicate cuts, like skin or decorating.
3- Alveolate blade, thatfacilitates the cut of the salmon and jam, creating an air chamber between theblade and the food, for doesn´t stay join on the blade, allowing to cut filletvery fine.
And also different types fromthe end:
In 3 claveles knives we can find different types of end
1- End in the back, the back of theblade is straight and the edge is curved. This form allows the balance of theend on the cut surface
2- Central end, the back of theknife and the edge are slightly curved and hopeless in the end. This type of endis useful to lard meat, perforate, etc.
3- End in the edge, the back of theblade is curved downwards in this end, and the edge goes straight until the end ofthe blade. With this type of end can be made a cut without balance movementes,on a surface.
Bueno Hermanos company has great variety of knives, of different forms, types, and for different actions, we can see:
- Peeled knives: small, light andmanageable, with curved blade, smooth edge and acute end. Also call torneadorknife. It serves to peel all type of tubercles, fruits and vegetables.
- Knife for vegetables: small, of strong blade, smooth edge and stable end. Clean, peel and cuts small fruits and vegetables.
- Puntilla knife: small, light and multipurpose, of thin blade, and central end. Its uses to cut, peel and clean fruit and vegetables. Very appropiate also to prepare meat and to lard.
- Cutlet knife: thin, strong andwith thin blade. Its uses to cut cutlets and meat slightly roasted withoutefforts.
- Cleaner bones knife: of thin blade, with a characteristic curvature and smooth edge. Perfect to follow from the bones of the meat.
- Knife to fillet: of long, thin and flexible blade, with smooth edge. It fillets meats and fish, and it obtains a clean cut.
- Knife for bread: of long and strong blade, with waved edge. With teeth that can break the hard crust of the bread without effort, cutting clean slices, thanks to one aggressive and superior dentated.
- Cook knife: knife of wide blade, and smooth, stable and strong edge. The multipurpose tool for professionals and amateur cooks, who clean, cuts and pricks vegetables.
- knife to carve: thin, with stable blade and smooth edge. Its used to carve all types of roasted meat.
- Jam knife: length, thin, with flexible blade and smooth edge. Special to cut jam and other great pieces of meat.
- Santoku knife: the multipurpose tool of the Asian kitchen of wide blade and very sharpened. This 3 claveles knive have three utilies: preparation of meat, fish and vegetables.
- Alveolate salmon knife: of long and flexible blade, with alternate alveoli in both faces. This knife serves specialy to cut and serve very fine slices of salmon and jam. Also appropiate to cut and divide bases for cakes.
- Spatula: of wide, not sharpned, flexible and round blade. In order to raise and to give the return of omelettes, crêpes, and extend masses, sugar baths, etc.
- Fork to carve: fork with twogreat and stable teeth. This knife fasten the meat to carve and to serve it.
- Kitchen axe: of stable and wide blade, with rectangular form. Apt to divide great pieces of meat and to cut cutlet.
In addition to all these knives, also we can find log of kitchen, professional briefcases of knives, axes, and great variety of accessories for the kitchen, like corkscrew, nutcrackers, skimmers, dippers, spatulas, forks to carve, stones to sharpen...
In Bueno Hermanos company we can find great variety of types of 3 claveles knives
SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE OF 3CLAVELES KNIVES
- The knives must sharpen regularly,a sharpened knife is more safer than one without edge, so that the force has tomake is smaller, reason why the hand doesn´t get tired so soon.
- If we aren´t using a knife wemust place it in a visible site, always with the handle aiming outside and farfrom the edge of the table, to avoid the knife falls and can produce damages.We don´t have cover it with any object, but we could throw it or touching theblade of the knife accidentaly. In the case of offering the knife to anotherperson, always offer it by the handle, with the purpose of not damaging theother person.
- Also we must know what is that we are going to cut before choosing the knife, thus decide to the suitable knife. Fish, meat, vegetables or bread are different in consistency and size, so, there will be a knife adapted for each food.
- When we cut something we must cut far from the body, use always the knife separated of the body, thus avoid to hurt itself, in case the knife slips. If a knife falls, we never must try to take it in the flight, since we could be hurt.
- The most adapted for a knife that has been used it´s wash it immediately after its use with running water and dry it. And to dry them, it´s necessary do it from the back towards the edge and the handle towards the end, never do it by the side of the edge.
- When we aren´t going to use theknives we must keep them in a safe place, always outside the reach of thechildren. A log of kitchen would be the suitable site, it avoids accidents andthe blade of the knife is perfectly protégé. A magnetic rod also would serveto keep the knives, since offers security and allows a easy access. In the caseof using the magnetic rod, we must consider that the magnet must have thesufficient force and the knives must be perfectly clean.
Log of kitchen and magnetic rod are two possibilities of keeping 3 claveles knives in a suitable site
- In order to prevent damages or burns we don´t have let the knife placed up on the plates of the kitchen or in a place where the heat comes.
- If you give a correct care to 3 claveles knife, it doesn´t have so that spoil, and it will last many years. Nothing else finish using the knives they must rinse well to clear acids of foods. If in the knife appeared spots they can clear easily with a conventional cleaner of metals.
- Respect to the use of dish-washer, the knives with plastic handles can be washed in dish-washer. The knives that have edges of great quality can spoil when striking themselves or with other knives, forks, pots or frying pans. So we must consider the place where we placed them.
- Another point which we mustconsider is that the knife isn´t "multipurpose", we don´t have useit with other aims, isn´t a screwdriver, either a can opener...since the edgewould be damaged for always. So we must avoid unsuitable uses in 3 clavelesknives.
- Also it´s necessary say that for cut we must use always an appropriate table. Porcelain tables, of crystal, or of metal, are unsuitable, cause that the knife loses quickly her edge. So that a cut table will be good has to be flexible and it must can clean easily. The cut tables must clean inmediately after being used.
A last advice that could given forthe use of the knives is referring to sharpened. Some advices for the uses ofthe knifegrinder are:
Form to sharpen a 3 claveles knife
- Maintain a constant angle of 20º C, to slide the knife describing an arc, since the handle to the end, throughout all the knifegrinder.
- When making all these movements,we must avoid to strike the knife against the protector of the handle or againstown knifegrinder, since could damage the edge of the knife.
- Each side of the knife must be sharpened of alternate form, in uniform movements that cover the edge in all thir extension.
Knifegrinder to sharpen 3 claveles knives